Revamping Knowledge Base & Resources for Hoop.la

Service: Hoop.la

Greetings everyone!

We're planning to update, edit, and improve the resources, tips, and knowledge base articles for Hoop.la. There is a lot of information here, but I've gotten feedback that it can be hard to find exactly what you need.

I also have plans to include more visual/mini-webinar type content on different subjects. The first one coming is about how to get closer to your members by creating member segments using a combination of Circles, Recipes, and Custom Profile Fields. It'll be about 15 minutes, with some slides and some screenshare, available to watch online or download. Look for that to go live within the next week or so.

If you think this type of content might be useful, I'm open to suggestions on other topics you'd like to see covered. It could be a mix of feature-based and strategic topics, whatever would most help you as a Hoop.la admin!

Also, if you have feedback specifically about the organization/content of the knowledge base, I'd love to hear it. It's currently organized to track with the control panel; however, that's not always the way you might be thinking when you're "in the moment" looking for help. Let me know what you think!

Original Post

Activity Stream

Just to follow up on this...we have the first baby step live already...you can see the new Resources page has the first webinar/video live!

The next one should be ready by the end of this week.

It is a how-to video for adding an image carousel/slider/rotator to your community. We did the mad scientist experimenting, so you don't have to!  Along with the video, we'll include a TIp with the step-by-step instructions.

Remember, we're taking requests for the next one(s)!

Thanks for the image rotater help! Much needed. 

Would love to see CSS tips and examples in the Knowledge base. 

Context sensitive help is always appreciated — rollover helps that link to the KB.

Better descriptions of each option in the theme editor. Visuals would be nice there. 

Hi @neil! I think it might be a good idea to make a CSS area in the KB, or to somehow mark the CSS tips within the tips area so they're easier to find. I may also go through and update the subject lines for those so it's easier to know what the code is supposed to do. Good input!

I think there is a suggestion in the queue for adding more context to the theme editor, but I wonder if it would also be helpful to have a tip on how to find the class names for things in the UI (using the inspector or an online tool)?

Hey Rosemary, thanks for the reply. 

Any and all CSS help is always appreciated. I'm not sure what your "typical" customer looks like, but I know from being part of the support forums (since forever) that there are a fair number of us who wear many hats within our organizations and aren't purely "webmasters" by job description, educational background, or training. I use the INSPECTOR tool all the time, but it's great to be able to get help in the support forums when I get stumped.

Add Reply

© Social Strata, Inc. 2019